Do you remember that feeling as a child when the school bell rang, indicating the end of arithmetic and the start of the best part of the day: recess? There was a tremendous sensation of freedom dashing out onto the playground, leaving behind the pressure of school work for a quick period of unstructured play.
Regrettably, for most adults, this is simply a happy but distant memory. Nonetheless is it possible, and even advantageous, to recapture the joy of playing? Experts like Dr. Stuart Brown, founder of the National Institute for Play, respond with a resounding YES. As he details, “Play is something done for its own sake. It’s voluntary, it’s pleasurable, it offers a sense of engagement, it takes you out of time. And the act itself is more important than the outcome.”
Responsive Home Care, the best home care in Coral Springs, FL and the surrounding areas, shares the primary benefits of play, no matter a person’s age:
- To be connected: Particularly in our smartphone-driven world today, making time to engage with others in person is key to our social wellness – whether through sports, card groups, weekly board game events, or other shared hobbies and interests.
- To sharpen the mind: While the jury is still out on the effectiveness of memory games in reducing the potential for developing Alzheimer’s disease, there is certainly benefit to be gained in enhancing thinking and problem-solving skills.
- To improve relationships: The everyday pressures inherent in most of our relationships are eased whenever a feeling of playfulness is included, making it possible for stronger ties as well as the power to better conquer challenges should they occur.
Carving time out from a busy schedule to just play can seem impossible. However with some assistance from the senior care experts at Responsive Home Care, an even more fulfilling lifestyle can quickly become a reality. We’re available for as much or as little assistance as necessary, offering a wide array of services for senior loved ones, including:
- Planning and preparing meals
- Food shopping, picking up medications, and any other errands
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Personal care assistance such as helping with bathing and dressing
- Transportation and accompaniment to healthcare appointments and fun outings
- Companionship to engage in discussions, reminiscing, exercising, games, and pleasurable interests
- And much more
Acquire a healthier life balance by allowing us to assist with highly skilled and customized senior care services, while you take a breather. Contact Responsive Home Care, providers of the best home care Coral Springs FL and the surrounding area has to offer, any time online or at 954-486-6440 to learn more!